RaveOS is a popular Linux distro created for mining purposes only. RaveOS is completely free if you mine in 2Miners mining pool. The complete RaveOS installation guide could be found in our blog.
Please find below the basic set up for the Ethereum mining pool. You could easily set up any other pool with the following instructions. Please go to "How to start" section of the relevant pool. Create a wallet address according to Step 1.
Go to RaveOS
- Click Wallets in the menu on the left.
- Click Add wallet button.
- Enter the wallet name and click Add wallet button.
- Choose the coin you would like to mine. In this example we choose Ethereum.
- Choose 2Miners mining pool and select the location nearest to you. If in doubt always select the EU server.
- Paste your wallet address in the Wallet field.
- Choose the appropriate mining software. The recommended mining software could be found on "How to start" page. Press the Save button.
- Go to Workers tab.
- Select your mining rigs and press Mining button.
- Choose your Wallet, Coin and Miner from the drop-down list.
- Press Apply to all button to start mining.
2Miners mining pools: https://2miners.com/
2CryptoCalc mining profit calculator: https://2cryptocalc.com/